Thursday, December 29, 2011

{making plans}

Mapping things

I absolutely love new year.  I love reflecting on the year that's been and dreaming and planning for the year ahead.   I have to admit I'm excited for this year to be over too.  It's been a tough one.  It feels like that's really shifting though and I'll be glad to put this year to rest and leap into the new one.

I've seen some good resources around if you want to dive deep into the process of reflection and planning.  

Susannah Conway has a free 16 page downloadable workbook to help "unravel your year ahead and say farewell to the year behind".  It looks fantastic.  Grab it here

The ever inspiring Andrea Scher also has a free worksheet for you to download over here.  This is her original Mondo Beyondo end of year ritual and I love it.

I've been reading through my archives as part of my process and found a couple of posts on how I think about writing new year's lists.  You can find them here and here.

I've been thinking about my word for the year too.  Another ritual that I love.  I was reading this post last night about how I found my word for 2011.   And Liz Lamaroux has a great post over at Roots of She about embracing a word for the year.

All this stuff gets me so excited and energised.  I am a dreamer and soul searcher at heart.

Did I tell you that Louise Gale and I have been working on some super-secret-squirrel business that is going to rock your new year?  Stay tuned for a big announcement on January 3rd.

5 comments:

  1. Wishing you every happiness and dream-made-real in 2012, Cathy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here Cathy, i feel like i've scratched the surface in 2011 and am looking forward to leaping into 2012. I know Louise is coming over here, so look forward to see what you squirrels are up to. happiest new year to you. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'll be happy to say goodbye to 2011, as you are Cathy.

    And I'm intrigued to see what you and Louise Gale have been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, you inspire me especially at this time of year- thanks. Lots of potential words lolling around in my head! Tan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you Cathy! I remember your last year's list post inspired me to post one too (which I'm about to revisit!) I'm printing the workbook you've linked to as we speak. Thanks for being such an inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete