Wednesday, August 11, 2010

{baby it's cold outside}

Autumn Glory
Photo courtesy of Ms L

It is cold and grey and wintry here in Melbourne town.  But that's no reason not to get out and play.

The NCB is happening tomorrow night so come out for some crafting and chat, or a glass of mulled wine.

Fairfield Primary School (Langridge St, Fairfield) is having it's annual Art Show and Family Fun Day this Sunday 15th August.  I have two originals in the show for sale - Wishing and Hoping.

The Exquisite Palette Show is on at St Luke (Smith St, Collingwood) until early September.  Did I tell you my piece made the shop window?  I get to see it every time I go to work.  Such a thrill.

The Journey Home exhibition at Chair 14 finishes on Wednesday 18th August and all the paintings will be coming down and moving to their new homes.

Last, but not least, for those of you who just can't be bothered going out of the house, you've got a week left to purchase prints from my shop at 20% off.  The opening sale ends on Wednesday 18th August as well.

I love thinking about all of us in the Southern hemisphere journeying through the heart of winter, while all our friends in the Northern hemisphere are at the peak of their summer days.  There's such a sense of balance about it don't you think?

4 comments:

  1. I sent my friend around to Chair 14 and she really enjoyed the exhibit. And she said you'd sold almost all the pieces!! Well done you!!!

    It's freeziong cole, wet and windy here today too. A perfect day for plaid skirts, warm tights and a woollen jumper and shawl!! Walking outside before I felt I may well have been on the Aran Islands!!

    Stay warm! See you soon!! (eeeee!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm mulled wine.. I wish I could, but I'm fighting off a cold. When the weather warms up, I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great photo. Really reminds me of cold wintery days

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love Ms L's photo, great capture.

    ReplyDelete