Friday, January 9, 2015

{don't overthink it}

Evolution

I'm determined to get back to my creative passions this year - writing and painting. I've really missed the regular practice these past couple of years.

There's a bunch of good reasons as to why I haven't done much of it but I also know that part of the absence has been due to not prioritising creative pursuits and not being disciplined about putting my energy into them. And then the less you do of creative things the less confident you feel about doing them, and suddenly you're in a downward spiral and it's really hard to get back to it. The excuses and self-doubt take over, the walls go up and before you know it you're not creating at all. It's not the first time I've been in the spiral but somehow this time I'm more aware that getting out is about discipline and determination, and giving myself a little bit of a push.

I'm trying not to overthink things too much. Trying not to wait for the perfect time, the perfect blog post, the inspiration to hit, the moon and starts to align in some particular way. Instead I'm just going to work on showing up, until it starts to come naturally again.

Have a nice weekend peeps. I plan to do some painting. What have you got on?

No comments:

Post a Comment