Friday, February 28, 2014

{intentions and aspirations}

It's finished. 'Another Time, Another Place', acrylic, ink & mixed-media on canvas, 16 x 16 inch #nofilter
Another Time, Another Place
Acrylics and mixed-media on canvas
14 x 14 inch

When it comes to setting goals I'm not one of those people that plans things out in minute detail with measurable outcomes and timelines and all that jazz. I've never, ever had a 5 year plan!

Over time I've found a way that works for me - a part dreamer, part planner kind of approach if you will. I know that the evidence says that you have to be more concrete than this otherwise you won't achieve things or won't know what you've achieved. And it's probably why there's a number of things that I've been wanting to achieve for a long time now that I haven't. On the other hand there's things that I've put out there that were just giant dreams and they have come to fruition. Like I said, it works for me.

This year though I've found it impossible to put my mind to setting any goals at all. I think it has a lot to do with last year and all the craziness. If there's one thing that last year taught me it's that life is so completely unpredictable. You can make all the goals and plans in the world, but if the universe has a different plan for you, well watch out and hang on as best you can.

It feels really strange to be without something more tangible than some good intentions and aspirations. I almost feel a bit lost without my list. But I think I'm going to sit with it for while and see what happens this year. I'll keep you posted.

Happy weekend peeps.

1 comment:

  1. It's ok to not have a plan. Sit back and relax for a bit. Be in the moment.

    ReplyDelete