Friday, May 18, 2012

{happy birthday to me, and something for you}

 Final Piece
Abundance
Painted at Flora Bowley's Bloom True Retreat
My 40th Birthday gift from my family and friends
Print now available here

I'm 41 years old today!  Somehow 41 seems so much older than 40.  I don't know why, it just does.  Last year, in the week I turned 40 we moved house and Ms L lost her job.  All in the same week!  It was huge.  Too huge!

Abundance II
Abundance I
print available here

I remember years ago when I was going through a particularly hard time a friend's Mum said to me "you're life will be completely different 12 months from now.  You can't see it now, but trust me it will.  Change is the only constant."  She was so right.  Whenever things get tough I remember those words.

Abundance III
Abundance II
print available here

Today couldn't be more different from life 12 months ago.  We are completely settled in our beautiful home, I work part-time at a fantastic organisation, my creative business is up and running again with lots of great plans for the future and I'm 15kg lighter than I was a year ago.  

Abundance I
Abundance III
print available here
set of 3 prints available here

Life is good.  It's busy, interesting, challenging and rewarding, yet with a certain simplicity about it that suits me well.   For the most part I feel grounded and focused.  I feel like I'm growing into a version of myself that I'm pretty damn proud of. 

I reckon it's going to be an excellent year.

*****

In celebration of my birthday I'm having a weekend sale in my Etsy shop.  Use the code 'happybirthday' and get 25% off everything through till midnight on Sunday {excludes postage/shipping}

*****

Have a lovely weekend peeps!  I'll see you Sunday for a special birthday edition of {sunday snippets}.

10 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very happy Birthday!!
    Lots of gorgeous prints there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Cathy! I hope you have an amazing day today and get a little spoiled by Ms L.
    See you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy birthday! Wishing you a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Cathy!!
    I hope you have a brilliant day!XX

    I (think) I'm looking forward to turning 40 next year.
    Will be even more of an 'I know who I am' time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you....have a fabulously indulgent ay x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday
    Have a great Evening

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous post! Hope you have had a luverly day and that it is the beginning of a superb year. Happy Birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday ..... I say you are right about things being different a year from now. I say celebrate whatever age you are .... and enjoy it. Here's a nice saying for you...... A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip. ~ Unknown.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday! I hope it was a great one! xo

    ReplyDelete