new work started this morning
It's perhaps more a series of questions that I'm sitting with at the moment.
- Will I ever make a sustainable living from my art?
- How will I do that? Over the last 6 months I've realised that my passion when it comes to painting is to create original works of art. I don't want to spend my time and energy on prints and reproductions, and building a business based on products. It's just not where my heart is. It's not what drives me. Am I cutting my nose off to spite my face thinking this way? Or am I simply listening to my truest voice?
- How do I follow my own path, but also remain open to opportunity?
- What exactly is my path?
- How can I make writing a part of how I make a living?
- Will I ever stop believing that it has to be one passion or another? Will I start to see my life and my livelihood as a series of activities that weave together to form a whole?
- Will I ever find the motivation and confidence to push through to making a living from my creativity? Is it actually an issue of motivation and confidence? Or is it something else? Timing perhaps?
- How much do I surrender and how much do I push?
- Do I want to teach? I know there are things that I can share with others. Painting, blogging, writing, storytelling. But I never seem to reach a place of feeling ready or convinced. Is it just fear? Lack of confidence? Or is it again a case of feeling like that's something I should do because I see everyone else doing it? Do I want to teach?
- How do I sort through all the different questions, thoughts, and feelings? The external influences also? How do I tap into to my truest self and listen to the answers that are buried deep within?