Thursday, July 7, 2011

{truth be told}

Where Dreams Grow
Where Dreams Grow
Acrylics and mixed media on canvas
12 x 12 inch

I could happily spend all my days in the studio painting at the moment.  Playing with colour and form, dancing with old ideas and merging them together to create fresh ones, ducking out to the backyard to squirt spray paint through a stencil, and then back into the studio to add some paint from my finger tips. Take a detail brush and create some fine lines, add some of my signature fine dots and a couple of treasures from the stash of ephemera.  Smiling as I watch it all come together.  Feeling so present in those moments.

There just doesn't seem to be enough creative time of late.  The cold winter evenings make me want to snuggle up in bed with a book or the tv, the days are filled with the 'day job'.  The weekends seem to rush by at a speed I can't even comprehend.

I think I'm still playing catch up after a HUGE couple of months.  Things are feeling a lot more settled, but they're not completely there yet.  Hopefully soon.

In the meantime I'll dream of painting, and Spring.

5 comments:

  1. oh Cathy 'Where Dreams Grow' is lovely♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Cathy...I love the way the flowers zin and pop out against the background. I can relate to what you're saying and every time I feel it ( the not enough time to do what you really, really want to do thing) I try to just relax, take a deep breath and KNOW that its on its way...I wrote to Flora the other day and told her that I loved the way she just seems to allow things to unfold..sometimes I feel like I'm teetering on the edge of allowing and forcing...two different states indeed! Nice to know we're not alone ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your work. It's very fun and charming. I love the bright and vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vibrant color in this painting Cathy!

    ReplyDelete