Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Photo a Day in August

I'm joining Megan at The Byron Life for A Photo a Day in August. I've been needing a little inspiration kick, and this seems like a nice one.


These are backgrounds for a new series of work called 'Suburbia'. They're the collaborative pieces that I'm working on with CurlyPops and will eventually be painted and then covered in beautiful bright flowers and other lovely things you might find in a suburban garden. They'll be ready for Made n' Thornbury next month.

*******************************************************

You might like to know that the last of the Tinnies, and the limited edition Woollies, will only be hanging around until Sunday 23rd August. After that time is going to be limited for a while so I've had to prioritise things. Besides I'm feeling like I need a nice sense of closure on the Tinnies. Anyway, now you've got a timeframe. Get yourself a Tinnie or a Woollie before the 23rd, or before everyone else gets them.

Right, off to check out some markets with my crafty-partner-in-crime.

11 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see these progress, but it goes without saying I love suburban craft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual I love your work Cathy. Love love maps! I've got a thing for maps at the moment too... such great texture and colours.
    Can't wait to see more of these collages..
    Glad you're playing photo game :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pic and thanks for the heads up about the photo a day - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea and what a team!
    I've bought one Curlypops's bookmarks a little while ago and just love her aprons.
    I was tempted by your tinnies last week but have so much stuff stuffed into my studio I have promised myself to use what I have:(

    but what are your woollies? must go and have a peek....

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look so cool Cathy can't wait to see them finished

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was lovely to see you and Cam today at yarraville. i'm liking the look of the suburbia project very much. Hope Ms Viole(n)t is behaving herself....

    ReplyDelete
  7. look forward to seeing yr daily photos and hope the woollies are going strong

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is something waiting for you over at Life in the Dome...

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh...I love map art. Can't wait. I feel a few new original art purchases coming on. (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am looking forward to seeing your August photos. I love the idea of Suburbia - the pieces should look amazing. (Er, any garden gnomes involved? Just checking!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see your photos - once the computer is co-operating that is!

    ReplyDelete