Friday, April 18, 2014

{home}

New House

Day 3 of April Moon offered the word 'home' as a prompt.

Home is a funny thing to me at the moment, somewhat fraught I suppose.

We moved house about 6 weeks ago now, into a lovely new home. After lots of work it's all set up and looking beautiful. Things have a place and we are settling into new routines. I know that it's going to be a great place to live.

But right now, the move and the new house are all tied up with Holden's death, and the grief of losing him. Home doesn't feel like home without him. It feels like part of my family is missing and how can anywhere feel like home in those circumstances.

That's home at the moment. An odd mix of things.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you Cathy. I hope the new home begins to feel more home-like despite the loss of Holden in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. That's so bittersweet.
    It just occurred to me that home is probably always like that. We just realise it more keenly at times. Thanks for articulating it so beautifully.
    I can only imagine how much of a gaping hole your sweet kitty's departure has left in your lives. The shape of your family is changing and that can hurt so much.
    Lots of love as you heal. xx

    ReplyDelete