Monday, October 24, 2011

{random - blogtoberfest day XXIV}

Snuggles

A gratuitous cat shot makes for a nice post don't you think?

I spent more hours out of bed today.  Feeling very pleased about that.

Being so sick has had me thinking a lot about being being real and being positive, and how to balance these two things in this space.  I thought Susannah Conway did a nice job of it here.  I also really liked what Kat said in this post about how our struggles connect us.

In other news I'm going to be a regular contributor to a new project that Louise Gale has launched.  Your HeART Makes a Difference is all about living with gratitude, practicing self-care and kindness, creativity and spreading positivity and happiness throughout the world.  I'm so excited to be part of this collaboration.  Go and explore the website and join in.

I'm super excited about another collaboration that I'm working on at the moment.  It's so incredibly awesome and I can't wait to spill the beans.  It's total super secret squirrel business at the moment though.  Stay tuned.

It's about time I announced some giveaway winners.  Michele from Just Pipi, Nettie, Erin_in_Boston and Anna from sew and read you've all won yourselves a fancy schmancy new USB thanks to the good folk at Zip Zip.  Email me at tinniegirl/at/optusnet.com.au with your address and any particular colour preference {red, green, blue and yellow} and I'll pop your prize in the post.  I only have one of each colour so first email gets first preference, etc.

I've got another super dooper giveaway coming up.  You won't want to miss this one either.

I've got a million other things that I want to get working on when I get my energy back.  I've got my first solo gallery exhibition coming up in February 2012 {which ain't all that far away}, I'm itching to create some new paintings that are floating around in my head {it's been way too long since I've painted regularly}, I've got plans and ideas {always} and some other collaborations, and I want to get my Etsy shop reopened in the next couple of weeks.  See, I don't have time to be sick or go to the day job!

Will you look at that!  A whole blog post!  Just like that!  It seems I really may be back from beyond.  Yippee!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. A lotta thinking going on it would seem. Great to hear that you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyyy great to see you're bouncing back ... congrats to YOU ... and the winners too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! it sounds like you are returning to your usual creative self Cathy =-) Looking forward to seeing all the goodness shared here, especially the super secret project! ooooh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling better and on the road to recovery Cathy....sounds like you're way too busy to be sick! Happy last days of blogtoberfest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I won! (jumping up and down, arms akimbo) Thanks for picking me!

    ReplyDelete