Saturday, October 15, 2011

{i heart Ric-Rac & Baxter - blogtoberfest day XV}

I'm not sure when I first came across Baxter.  I trawled through Jodie's blog looking for her very first post about him but I couldn't find it.  It's enough to tell you that it was love at very first sight.

Today Ms L arrived home from a trip down the street with a parcel in hand!  Ric-Rac has been conspiring with Ms L and CurlyPops to surprise me....

My new buddy

My very own Baxter to love and to cherish.  And trust me, I already do.

Stories

We've been getting acquainted and enjoyed a spot of lunch {courtesy of Melbourne Epicure - it was absolutely divine Cathie}.

Baxter enjoys lunch

Thank you soooooooooooooooo much Jodie.  You are the best {and you saved me from a total Blogtoberfest fail cause I had absolutely nothing to say today}.

*******************************************

If you don't know Jodie you should definitely pop over and visit her blog.  As well as being generally awesome she's also extremely funny and extraordinarily talented.  We've know each other though blogging for quite some years now and she's definitely one of my favourite peeps.

******************************************* 

Tomorrow will be self-portrait day here on the blog {replacing Sunday Snippets for this week}.  Over the last year or so I've become quite interested in putting myself in front of the camera more and really love taking self portraits.  I've just signed up for Vivienne McMaster's You Are Your Own Muse, which feels like such a gift to myself at the moment.

Last year Karin from Sum of Mum suggested we all do a self-portrait on our blogs during Blogtoberfest. I posted mine here.  Join me tomorrow with your own self-portrait.  I'll put a linky list up for everyone who's playing along.  I know this was a big challenge for some people last year and I would love to see your lovely faces again this year.  If you're too, too shy you can always be creative and take a self-portrait of your feet, or maybe your hands, or maybe you've got some other great idea.

See you tomorrow?

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow! When she said that she had a surprise for you, I had no idea it would be someone sooooo COOL. Baxter rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweeet!! hope you feel better soon, heard you were feeling really bad today.

    big hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!
    What fabulous blog (and real life) friends!!!
    Love this post Cathy!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Baxter should be a guest writer on your blog!!! You two are too cute. :D

    See you tomorrow!!! I think.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky, Baxter is fab x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was all completely baxter's idea...

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh cute! He is great. and I was gearing up for Sunday Snippets but a self-portrait sounds just as fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooo goose bumps ... this week my dear friend Denise lost her Baxter www.grrlandog.com ... and you found your Baxter ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that photo of Baxter whispering in your ear. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jodie is a complete sweetheart! I was lucky enough to go to the Daylesford Retreat this year and meet her in person. And yes I have a blog crush too!

    (Joining from Blogtoberfest)

    ReplyDelete