Monday, August 1, 2011

{the wrap}

My exhibition 'Acts of Love' wrapped up last week.  For those of you who didn't have the opportunity to visit I thought you might like to see some of the work. Below are all the sold pieces.

"T is for 
..."
T is for ...
Collage and acrylics on canvas
5 x 5 inch

Here or There
Here or There
Collage and acrylics on canvas
9 x 12 inch

Some of my lovely bloggy friends bought the pieces above.  People who've been supporting my journey for a long time now.  It means a lot.

***************************************

Lay of the Land
Lay of the Land
Acrylics on canvas
12 x 12 inch

Poppy Perfection
One Perfect Poppy*
Acrylics on canvas
5 x 5 inch

Arrival
Arrival
Acrylics on canvas
5 x 5 inch

Lay of the Land, One Perfect Poppy and Arrival sold as a set.  They're going to look gorgeous hanging together in their new home.

***************************************

Belonging
Belonging
Acrylics and spray paint on canvas
8 x 10 inch

Some dear friends that I hadn't seen for about 15 years came along to opening night and purchased this piece.  It meant so much to have them there and I'm even more delighted that they decided to purchase some of my art.

***************************************

An Act of Love - Week 2
An Act of Love
Acrylics on canvas
10 x 10 inch

There's a great story about this piece.  I wrote a post about exercise in October last year comparing it to painting, and used this painting to illustrate the post.  My personal trainer visited the exhibition alone one day and chose this piece to purchase.  So serendipitous.

***************************************

Acts of Love
Acts of Love
Acrylics on canvas
24 x 30 inch

This of course was the title piece for the exhibition and actually sold 2 weeks before the show opened.  It's going to live with my SIL and BIL and I'm so pleased.  I love this painting and I love that it's going to family and that I'll be able to continue to enjoy it when I visit.

***************************************

In the Forest of the Mind - Part 
I
In the Forest of the Mind - Part I*
Acrylics and collage on canvas
15 x 30 inch

This is the first painting I completed after starting back at full time work this year.  One of my colleagues at work named this piece and another colleague purchased it.  The title seems perfect for the new owner and the strong connection to my workplace is somehow fitting.

***************************************

Gently Gently
Gently Gently
Acrylics on canvas
 4 x 12 inch

Field of Dreams
Field of Dreams
Acrylics on canvas
4 x 8 inch

These two are some of my absolute favourites from the show {alongside Acts of Love and a couple of others}.  They have been in progress in my studio for well over 2 years, since before I really even considered myself to be an artist in fact.  They've spent huge amounts of time just sitting on the studio table waiting for their next step and were only finished in the days before the show opened.  They've also gone to live with a work colleague.

 ***************************************

If you're interested in any of the remaining work from the show I've put it all in a special Flickr set of original works for sale.  All the details are listed with each painting, including size and price.  Just get in touch if there's anything of interest to you.

***************************************

*In every exhibition there are always pieces you could sell 10 times over.  These are the ones from this show.   In my experience they are always the ones you least expect.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful works!
    Congrats to the successful show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore gently gently. How amazing that it was one of the last pieces you finished for the show. It almost didn't make it. So nice xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy - what an awesome achievement! Well done you - all that hard work and love and dreaming and doing really paid off, I only wish I could have seen them all in person. And to pick a favourite? Hmmm very difficult but I do love In the forrest of the mind part 1 - but all of them!!! So are you planning another? ;)
    X Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really incredible work. I could stare at each and every one and allow my heart to dive in deeply...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear your show was a success! You really can see the love that was given to each piece. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These paintings are all so amazing Cathy. No wonder they all sold. What a fantastic success for you.
    Really loved hearing the stories behind them too.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Cathy they are all sooo gorgeous, you must be feeling pretty stoked, my fave would be the top one T is for....... It's fabulous you sold so many, you deserve this so much, youR journey has come a long way, I am so happy for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Cathy :) the paintings are great and it looks like a successful show! Heres to that next one and following your dreams further

    ReplyDelete