Friday, November 26, 2010

{down the garden path - open studio event}

Down The Garden Path

It might go without saying that I have voyeuristic tendencies.  I love to see the way other people live, see what their homes look like and experience other people's lives and cultures.  I am an observer of detail.

Creative spaces are of particular fascination to me of course.  I am intrigued by the way people create, where, how, and their processes.

I'd been thinking for some time about having an open studio event.  I thought others might like to come and see my creative space and learn a little more about my processes.  When our house was put up for sale it all seemed a little complex and I wasn't sure I'd be able to pull it off.

I'm very pleased to say that everything has fallen into place and I'm holding an open studio and end of year celebration.

Down the Garden Path
Wednesday 8th December 2010
4 - 8.30pm
Thornbury

Everyone is welcome to come along.  There'll be drinks and nibbles, lots of time to poke around in my studio and ask me questions about my work.  You'll also be able to see the finished commission piece and the artwork for the Patti Digh book.

I've asked CurlyPops to join me and we're going to have a little market on the back deck as well.  Both of us will have our creations for sale.  I'm even working on some new originals for the event.

Rather than share my address with the world here on the web, if you'd like to come along please email me at tinniegirl(at)optusnet.com.au and I'll send you the invite with full address details.  

For those who can't make it I'll be sure to take lots of photos and share them.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.  I'm cooking and painting today and then off to Daylesford for the Maker's Market tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea and being in Melbourne would love to come but already have a Christmas party on, that time of year. Look forward to seeing the pictures. G

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with those first two papragraphs so much I could have written them myself, but not as eloquently. I lvoe seeing peoples houses inside and out and I love my creative space for the same reason... you get to see what people are making at home in their houses just making for their families, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds very tempting. I love seeing other people's work space too. Probably won't be able to make it on a Wednesday, but hey, thanks for tip about Daylesford, maybe I'll go for a drive tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this sounds fabulous, have a wonderful time. Wish i could be there too. hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, you! Hope it goes well - shall try to pop in between all sorts of home-moving madness....

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! There is nothing quite like seeing where an artist works. Hope you get lots of visitors!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. ... drat I missed the flight ... maybe next year! I'm sure it was a stupendous ;)

    ReplyDelete