Sunday, October 3, 2010

{marathons, sprints & a wee bit of housekeeping - blogtoberfest day III}


 The Cows Came Home
The Cows Came Home

How are you settling in to your Blogtoberfest journey?

After feeling like I got off to a great start with my post on day 1, I left myself a little short on day 2.  It got me thinking about marathons.  Blogtoberfest is quite the marathon.  Even though I post most days every year it's still a challenge to blog daily in October.  Which is good.  I like a challenge.

Here's my guide to pacing your way through Blogtoberfest:
  1. Enjoy yourself.  It's all in fun and it doesn't matter if you miss a day here or there.  We won't hold it against you.  In fact I always love to see what fun excuses people can come up with for missing a day.
  2. Don't worry if you can't get to every blog on the list. Maybe just try and visit a couple of new places.  That way I bet everyone will get a bit of new love from the blogosphere.
  3. Giveaways are not compulsory.  If you feel like having one, by all means do.  If you just want to put your name down to win as much loot as you can, well that works perfectly too.
  4. Have fun.
  5. Have fun.
  6. Have fun.
 Nice and simple.  Just the way I like it.

On the housekeeping front I just wanted to let you know that I tidied up the sign up list.  For some reason it didn't like apostrophes and ampersands and other punctuation.  So I fixed all that up, along with a couple of links that weren't quite right.  If there's a problem with your link just email me and I'll fix it right up for you.  If you haven't signed up yet, it's never too late.

Fields of Gold
Fields of Gold

And now for a sprint or two. 

Firstly, I'm having a 48 hour sale in my Etsy shop.  Until 5pm on Tuesday buy any print, including print sets, and get a second single print of your choosing free.  Just tell me in the 'message to seller' when you check-out which free print you would like.

Secondly, you've got just under 48 hours to sign up for my first Friday Giveaway.  If you'd like to be in the running for your very own Tinnie then visit that post and leave a comment.  I'll draw a winner on Tuesday.

Until tomorrow...

17 comments:

  1. I'm glad you posted this. I know it's only day three but already I'm wondering "should I blog about that? Is it blog worthy." I need to take your advice and just have some fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get the marathon analogy - I feel a bit like someone who prepared for the marathon by walking to the park now and then! I like your hints (especially the first one about missing a day as long as you have / make up a good excuse!!). Hope you're having fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like visiting all the new blogs. This is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really enjoying exploring new blogs. I have loved writing each day ... but then we are only up to day 3! My challenge will be during the week when I got home from work!! hope you are enjoying the rest of the weekend!
    aeonie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, there's my painting! Hope you've had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the encouragement, Cathy! I'm looking forward to discovering a few new blogs again this year. Just hoping I get enough sleep to be able to visit a few!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love 'cows come home', I really do. Thanks for the advice Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Cathy, for all your inspiring and wise words - AND all your hard work at helping us all fest away

    I agree with Catherine - my marathon training has involved a bit of a shuffle to the corner shop and back and a lot of ooohing and aaaahing at other fest-dwellers' amazing blogs ...

    Absolutely ADORE those two paintings btw x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the advice wasn't feeling well today but really wanted to blog and I achieved it!!! Also uploading scrapbooking challenges I finished yesterday but ran out of time....

    ReplyDelete
  10. great post cathie and good advice. so far, having fun

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely pep talk! :)

    I'm so happy to be a part of Blogtoberfest this year, and I'm very much looking forward to discovering some wonderful new blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good post and just what I needed. This is my first year doing this and even though I have been blogging for a few months, have only started exploring the blog World in the last couple of weeks. I looking forward to checking out others on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Phew ... that's very generous about not having to blog every day! Ahhh can keep it down to a dull roar now! Loving Blogtoberfest sending you a zillion thanks for all your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm enjoying the country in your paintings. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that painting. Muchly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. greats tips as always! i am aiming at checking out two new blogs each day.. that should get me round to 60 different places plus of course visiting anyone that comments on my blog, that's just good manners! hope your marathon pacing evens itself up for you.. i spend the first day thinking out the first week and scheduling up a few posts for the busy days i knew i had coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Blogtoberfest comes at the right time for me every year as I need that nudge to get me blogging regularly again. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete