Tuesday, May 5, 2009

7 Days of Loot, Glorious Loot - Day 2

I was just saying to Ms L the other night how much I love that fact that we share a passion for art and for surrounding ourselves with beautiful things. Whenever we travel we always seem to invest holiday money on original works of art, and consequently have a fantastic collection of art work on our walls.

Wind by flossy-p

A most fortuitous swap occurred a couple of weeks ago when the fabulous flossy-p sent me a message that she wanted one of my Tinnies. She suggested that if I was interested we could do a swap.
When I told her that I really loved two of her pieces she told me that I could have both. Isn't that amazingly generous? I absolutely love these incredible artworks on both an aesthetic and emotional level.

Sacrifice by flossy-p

One of the great things that has happened to me recently is that I've connected even more strongly with the idea of filling my walls with art that inspires and make me happy. As I've acknowledged my own desire to create art I've recognised the need to completely surround myself with it.
Here's a few other pieces on my wishlist that I hope to purchase at some stage.

birds and their houses by Sarah Ahearn


red writer by linocreative

If you want to see what I've been working at over the past few weeks pop over to CurlyPops and see what I made her for her birthday.


If you want to join in with 7 Days of Loot, Glorious Loot sign up here.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Your house must be full of gorgeous things. Lucky you! And well done on choosing to create an inspiring space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things that I absolutely love about your house is that there are always so many beautiful and interesting things to look at on the walls.
    Flossy does some amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love linocreative , but can never decide on the one I like best.
    The postie delivered my fab photography for a brooch swap today, will post tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your walls must look amazing! your own personal art gallery.
    your fowlers find was way better than mine, it's great isn't it when the op shop powers smile at you! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That flossyp's art is lovely...yes I love having original art work around too...it's getting they all framed that's the prob!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would pay for original art any day over a department store print. I love the bird holding on to the girls hair in Flossy's pic, she captures emotion so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you cant help but be inspired surrounded by that unique artwork

    ReplyDelete
  8. TinnieGirl!!! I'm so glad you like your prints so much, and I feel honoured to have some of my work be part of your home gallery. I too love the idea of filling my walls with art. I can't wait to live in a non-rental house when I can finally litter the walls with hooks! :D

    Upon my return home I was welcomed by an amazingly generous loot package of my own!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Thank-you so much! They're perfect. I intend to give them a post of their very own in the next few days, just to show off how lucky I feel :D

    Thanks again so much. This was the best swap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love art hanging on the walls too, and you're off to a great start. The pieces from Flossy-P are gorgeous! I love her work.

    ReplyDelete