Tuesday, April 2, 2013

{dear house}

 Backyard

Thank you for sheltering me through the storms of the last couple of years.  Thank you for giving me the perfect space to rest, to stretch, to soar, to fall, to learn, to let go.  Thank you for being the place where I restored my soul and my faith, and found my way back to my path.

Looking Out

Thank you for taking care of me and my precious family.  For giving us a place of peace and comfort.  A place to call home.

Comfy BigCat

My Sweet LittleCat

Thank you for kind and friendly neighbours, for their company, their laughter, their friendship and their care.

Happiness is ...

Thank you for the most beautiful tree I've ever seen.  Majestic and glorious. A refuge for both me and the birds.

Delicious Monday morning  

Somehow living here always felt like a moment in time.  Somehow I always knew it wasn't forever.  To be honest I'm torn between a real sense of sadness and loss, and leaping into the bright new future that lies ahead.

But it's time.  The future beckons, loud and strong.

*****

We're heading into 2-3 weeks with no internet connection.  See you on the other side peeps.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Cathy... good luck with the move... and the beginning of a new chapter...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh houses, we leave a little bit of our souls behind in the places we have lived. Good luck with the shift, it's always better when you get to the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your feelings and sharing what this home meant to you. I love how you have honored this space you have lived in, yet look forward to the new home that is before you =-)

    Good luck with getting settled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful post. Moving is always a bittersweet time for me too. Good luck with the move :)

    When your internet is back up there is a little surprise for you - I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award to show appreciation for your blog. Pop on over to find out more -> http://www.waitingforbanjo.com/2013/04/liebster-award-and-winners-are.html

    Dani @ waiting for banjo xx

    ReplyDelete