Monday, January 2, 2012

{a funny thing}

Gorgeous

I took this photo a week or so ago when Ms L and I were out on a walk one day.  I was totally smitten with these gorgeous and unusual flowers. I originally thought it was a weed but I'm convinced now that's not the case.

Fast forward to the last few days.  I decided to work on a special painting to welcome in the new year.  Something beautiful, colourful, warm and inviting.

new year painting

It seems I've been carrying the original image around in my sub-conscious.  Can you see the similarities like I can?  Pretty cool huh?

I'm stoked to be featured over at Stacie's Jewelry as her first Artist of the Month for 2012.  You can read all about my creative process, some of my plans for 2012 and other bits and pieces.

I have so many things to say about 2012, my word for the year, my plans, my list and lessons I've already learned {yep, already}.  I want to reflect a little on some of last year's lessons too.  I'm just waiting for the words to arrive.  Hopefully soon.

I've got something really big and exciting to share tomorrow.  Be sure to stop by.

2 comments:

  1. It's funny how that happens in life.Another beautiful painting.I look at it at see new life growing and blooming.What a great start to the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mum has these growing in her garden, Cathy. I asked her what they were for you: "Echinops". They're very impressive!

    ReplyDelete