Tuesday, November 23, 2010

{tonight in brisbane, and other days in other places}

Amongst It - Detail

This evening in Brisbane my painting 'Amongst It' will go on show in the 2010 Belle Arti - Chapman and Bailey Art Award with work from artists all over the country.  I feel so lucky and so honoured to be gifted with the skills and the passion to paint.  It has filled my life to the brim.

I wish I could be in Brisbane tonight to see it hanging on the wall.  I'm sure it will be keeping amazing company.  If you're in Brisbane and feeling like an outing the opening is from 6 - 8pm at Metro Arts Galleries, Level 2, 109 Edward St, Brisbane.  The exhibition runs until December 3rd.

I've got a few group exhibitions coming up in the next couple of months, and a few markets in the next couple of weeks.  I'll be at the Daylesford Maker's Market with lots of lovely familiar faces this coming Saturday,  and the Buninyong Maker's Market the following week.  Sometime this week I'll add a page to my blog with details of the exhibitions and markets coming up in case you want to come along to any of them.

I've also got a very special end of year open studio event planned but I'll tell you about that tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. congratulations Cathy I am sooo happy for your and your painting is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely artwork and congratulations. Oh how i wish we could all be there for a glass of champagne to celebrate. The little red dot with be put on it in no time im sure of it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on all the artful events happening for you Cathy! The new page with all show/exhibit details will be a great addition to the Tinniegirl site!

    ReplyDelete