Now that you've signed on the dotted line you might find yourself breaking out in a cold sweat and wondering what on earth possessed you to sign up for daily posting. So here's a few helpful tips and tricks to get you through the month:
- Remember, BLOGTOBERFEST is definitely a marathon, not a sprint. Pace yourself. It's OK to have lots to say some days and not much on others. It's OK to wait until later in the month to have a giveaway. It's OK to not have one at all. Play along in whatever way works for you.
- Pictures are good. Pictures are lovely. Pictures often tell the story without words. Pictures make quick posts!
- If desperate try a note from your Mum, or a post from your other half or just plain refuse. Check out Cath from Chunky Chooky today - she's got the right idea.
- How about letting the kids do a guest post one day? That would sure add a different view of the world.
- Wag/skip if you have to. We won't tell. Promise.
- Accept the reality that you may not make it to visit every blog on the list. Certainly not in October anyway. You could make it a goal for the next couple of months, to stop in and see everyone. I know I'm going to have to spread it out over a few months to fit in with everything else I have going on in my life.
- Get rid of guilt. It's a horrible, negative, useless emotion. Don't just remove it from your BLOGTOBERFEST experience, remove it from your life. I'm really working hard on this, this year.
- If you're stuck for ideas go and visit Badskirt and the Blogtober Ideas Hub. What a brilliant idea.
Tomorrow I'll be having the first Friday Giveaway. You won't want to miss it.
Did I say I'm happy, and humbled, and smiling from ear to ear?